Friday 2 August 2013

Organization - OH NO!

This is my clincher

So the third last preseason task - organize and diarize!

So last round I:
- Got myself a file to keep everything in
- wrote out sheets of my plan for the round
- printed all the work out sheet
- started using my fitness pal and recording my food.

and for the first few weeks I followed it all very well - BUT then gradually the wheels fell off!

 * I printed all the recipes - but didn't always get them in the file.

 * Never looked at my planning sheets - to be fair this was hard to plan this round ... I didn't really know what I was in for and had no idea what goals or milestones to set - I had come from a cardio background and now I was about to spend 12 weeks doing weights!

 * Printed the workout sheets - followed the plan (pretty much every day) to the letter! Sometimes went to the gym and sometimes worked out at home - did most of the final blasts - but definitely noticed my endurance fitness has gone.

 * Managed to maintain myfitnesspal for about 6 weeks (from memory) then it all got too hard, Interestingly this coincided with the stalemate in my weight loss! Surely there isn't a link....
 

So time to get organized!

I need to work on a meal plan (and stick to it)

Friday nights will be make a plan night (starting tonight)
- I have a food planning sheet - that sticks to my fridge
Breakfast lunch and dinner planned  - shopping list written ready for the shop on Saturday.

I have updated my half ironman program from last year - this is going to be my plan for the next 12 weeks (or so) in preparation for the Mandurah half ironman (known as a 70.3). This is what I am going to base most of my training on. I need to make a bit of a plan - mark the red flag days and make some plans for when I am away (which will be a few times this round!!!)

So lets see how I go. I tend to be a chaotic person at times! I gets lots of things done and people think I am organized - but I am not and I need to be

4 comments:

  1. I know that feeling... people think I'm super-organised, but in my head I certainly don't feel like I am... Maybe it's all relative?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh I didn't even get to printing out meals, I haven't had ink in my printer for well over a year!!! I do save them to my iPad and that helps. I tend to be chaotic too, flying by the seat of my pants. Aiming to turn that around this round.

    Carol
    www.finding-carol.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck! I think your goals are fantastic I am not organised at all so take my hat off too you

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope the organisation works for this round Meeghan - I am an organisation freak and loved printing the recipes each week etc. To the point where I got to the end of the round and had a beatiful file full of them! It's such a key part of success on this program, and I think just having time in your week (Fri night) dedicated to planning will have you sailing through! Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete