Monday 26 August 2013

New Week New Focus and a new cold

Well it had to happen eventually. It's the winter cold season and although flu is quite rare this year (and I got to see the stats that prove that yesterday) I have a niggling cold. Just a sore throat at the moment and not even that sore more annoying. I don't even feel especially sick or washed out like you can with a cold.

I do however need to get on and train. It's only 11 weeks to the Mandurah half ironman and although I joke that you don't even need to train for them you actually do! Well at very least you need to have an incredible endurance cardio base which I don't have at the moment.

 

Recap time

Last week I was away and I didn't exercise much nor eat clean. The trip home was not good having run the 12km at the City to Surf I was peckish to say the least and had many minties and a cheese sausage. I would have eaten way more than the 955cal burnt during the race.
 
Last week was also about being a better leader but with techniques to be a better me. Now the challenge as always is to practice what you know you should do not what you want to do.
 

How is that going? 

 
I got a new focus last week which I wanted to capture the momentum of and make some changes. Most notably around my home and work life. So tasks I set myself to start working on were
- Set goals at work - TICK
- Eat my meals at the table - TICK
- stop and enjoy my coffee at work - NOT YET due to interruptions
- Focus during my training- 50/50 not training as well as I could with my cold or as long as I should but have managed an hour yesterday of Pump and 40 minutes on the bike today with a run and core.
- be mindful when brushing my teeth - TICK
 
So at present it looks like I am on track for a better week. Snuck onto the scales today and as I suspected they weren't pretty back up to 75kg. Haven't been that heavy for 3 months! Time to get my mojo back.
 

On going promise to myself

The plan for the rest of the week may be a little dependant on this cold - If I feel washed out or sick I will take it a little easy on myself otherwise
- I will drink more water (going to be good for the cold)
- Maximum of 1 coffee per day - then tea only (herbal or Chai)
- Eat minimal snacks (1 piece of fruit and one other bit)
- Eat clean - stick to the plan
 
I'll check in later in the week - see how it's all going.
 

4 comments:

  1. Ahh getting sick is the worst! Congrats on making some improvements to your weekly goals though! and 955 is a lot of cals to burn!!

    I hope you get better soon and that you are feeling happier about your progress by the end of the week!

    Were you happy with your City to Surf times/performance?

    ReplyDelete
  2. 12km hilly course in 1:07 - really happy with that - it's 5:30 minute Km pace and I ran the legs of both blokes running with me (Murray my partner and a younger friend who worked with Murray at FMG). Strong all the way :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you're doing well sticking to the goals this week!! I should start sticking to your goals too... From tomorrow!!

    ReplyDelete