Sunday 18 August 2013

Time to be a Big girl not a big girls blouse

Challenges for week 2

This week I am off to the big smoke. I have been selected for the emerging leaders in health program and have the first 3 day workshop in Perth this week (I know Perth is hardly the big smoke for many people).

I often don't control my diet well when I am away from home - This teenager left alone with the pantry open! This is exacerbated by my partner (Mr FIFO) who hates "cooking" when we are away - interesting as he doesn't "cook" when we are home either - I guess he figures I need the break.

so the challenges are

1. Long car drive tonight (at a time I would normally be suffering from a major snack attack)

Plan: Eat mini quiches on the trip and take a big bottle of water to drink.


2. Eating out every day will cause me to over eat.

Plan: Booked into an apartment hotel with a full kitchen - So pack the food for the week. So far I have bircher brekky ready to go, and taking the ingredients to make a Korean Omelette for dinner Tuesday night. Wednesday may be harder as Mr FIFO flies in on Tuesday night - but I may send him shopping? Thursday night we are going out for dinner with friends - So this will be a treat meal. I also have extra cupcake quiches as snacks, and some snack balls made. Lunch is catered.



3. Getting in some exercise

Plan: Bike is packed and enough training gear to train daily! I have printed out and laminated this weeks key workouts (as an at home version - no equipment required) and there is always the wall sit challenge to keep me going. I have also planned in my mind when I will exercise and I have packed my bathers for good measure. Sunday next week is the City to Surf in Perth - and I will be running it.
 
So it is time to Grow up - be a big girl - and take control of my life.



1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a great plan Meeghan! Let us know how you get on. My plan didn't entirely come to fruition last weekend, but it was better than having no plan at all!! Good luck, I know how hard it is out of routine!

    ReplyDelete