Saturday 3 August 2013

Early Fitness test

So with the round looming and a busy week planned next week (flying to Adelaide for the best party of the season) I got my fitness test done today.

So Lean and Strong has made me lean and strong but not fast.

1km time trial (on the same course as before) - 4:32

This is 10 seconds quicker than the first test but slower than my best ay 4:24. I also measured the course and it is a little long 1080m but it's the same every time.

I am ready to make a commitment for getting fast - all by myself. Saw this great quote on the internet and had to share


I do lots of ironman and half ironman training on my own, but clearly as Albert Einstein points out, you need to get out of the crowd to go places you don't think are possible.

An another quote which will be my mantra for the round



Free yourself from others - be the best you can be - you might surprise yourself of how far you can go.

2 comments:

  1. Fantastic Meeghan! I am in awe of your goal and am hoping to one day do a half ironman. Agree totally this is about being a better version of myself and nothing to do with competition. Last round i did the 1/2 marathon program and shaved 14mins of my half marathon time. Now I am learning how to swim and trying to decide whether to sign up again for the 1/2 program as a basis for my marathon training in October. I also do training in addition to the program.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you enjoyed your Adelaidecelebrations. Enjoying your blog :)

    ReplyDelete