Friday 16 August 2013

Yes I can eat more than I train!

I had an interesting conversation with one of the doctors at work today. One for my friends was commenting on the photos from finale and I was explaining the 12wbt program. Jess was quite surprised
 
"surely you done need to worry about your diet with all the exercise you do!"
 
 
Alas this is not the case. I have done 4 Ironman campaigns (Ironman being an endurance triathlon involving a 3.8km swim, 180km cycle and a 42.2km run). Training can involve about 20 hours per week (although normal weeks are more like 16-18 hours for me). I can burn 1000 calories BEFORE I go to work in the morning but despite this
 
I have never lost a kg training for an ironman!
 
 
Seriously - who would think that is possible. This is why I need to do another round of #12WBT, to work more on my self control while I get back into my training....
 
This week my training has consisted of
Monday - 8km run with 10 minutes of intervals
Tuesday - 60 minute threshold test of a computer training on the bike, 4km run then the strength workout from  the program
Wednesday - 4km run then the Bend it like Bridges video (love yoga and stretching)
Thursday - Given Plasma - being a good citizen - so no training today
Friday - Sleeping in the morning but completed the at home cardio workout (man was that hard!)
 
 
Tomorrow I am going to brave the elements and go for a ride  - hopefully for about 2 hours. - Then maybe the Burn and Ignite 700 in the afternoon.
 
Sunday should be the day of rest - but I will train again.
 
 
Food however is a problem --- double lunch on Tuesday (the wrap just was not big enough!), Then Bookclub last night I had 2 wines and 2 slices of cake and I don't want to know how much cheese......
 
Time to clean up my eating act!
 
 
So here was what greeted my on the way home tonight - I added a saying I think I have modified a little but the basis is not new.....
 


1 comment:

  1. It sounds like your training is going really well, which is good :) Have you thought of a plan of attack for cleaning up your eating?

    ReplyDelete