Monday 30 September 2013

Time to get serious

Got to say this round has not been as fabulous as my last round.

1. I haven't been on the forums as much - Lean and Strong are such a great, focused and talkative bunch. Lean and Fit no so much as some of us are doing our own thing - Including me.

2. My weight has been stable - still at around the 73-74kg mark. Diet as has not been good so this is my own fault. No one else to blame.

This week I am getting better organised and NOT buying extra food. I don't need it, I am not training the house down in fact even a heavy week is probably not that much more exercise than many 12WBT people are doing just following the program. So I do not deserve extra food and do not need it!

3. I am finding it easy to find excuses not to exercise. I am sure I will be OK with my event (and hopefully I can do well) but it is really easy to be slack when you have such a strong base.


This weekend has been a mixed bag - lots of couch time! but I needed that a little.

Got a long hard ride in on Saturday - 70km up to 45km/h with the big boys (and small ones - including the current under 15 junior Australian champion) they were kind and waited - and helped when I got a flat! Pretty happy with my 5 minute change and only a little help from the boys.

Sunday woke with a sore back - too much sitting and not enough stretching (need the challenge this week) so I went and did the body balance class. Great Stretch and strength and relaxation.

Today I got back into it with a good solid 45 minute run. 8 x 400m efforts so now I have a dog asleep on the couch snoring. a happy dog none the less. Then I called in and swapped dogs with a friend and took her little dog for a run. I ran to my 1km time trial course and did that - not rested so was a little slow 4:38 but happy enough with this. Now her dog will be a little quieter too (she is sick at the moment and can't run her dog herself).

I have cooked up a storm today.

Extra dinner for lunch tomorrow. Have a meeting tomorrow night so I have cooked tomorrows dinner and enough for lunch on  Wednesday. Breakfast is all sorted for a few days with a big batch of Bircher Brekki (bit of a fav of mine - acutally lots of the breakfast are!)


The other reason why I don't think I am doing as well this round is I haven't been watching the mindset videos. The mindset lessons or more importantly the headspace they help you get into is the key to the program. I know this and yet I don't make the time for them.... sigh. I should know better.

Time to catch up a little - but tonight it is early to bed - Got a date with my bike tomorrow morning starting at 5am and riding about 50km. Thats starting to get some serious training!


2 comments:

  1. I'm feeling a bit the same. We'll get there though. Best wishes moving forward xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes yes yes!!! I'm totally with you on this blog post! You're telling my story (although I'm not training for an iron woman event!!) I also think I've struggled more since I've been less regular with my blogging too. All the best for ur busy week ahead.

    ReplyDelete