Sunday 1 September 2013

So how's the week been for you?

Time to check in - keep up the accountability - and ask the all important question

How's the week been for you?

Yep it's check in time. I started the week with almost no food in the house - quickly fixed by a shop on Monday night. Printed my plans on Sunday night and wrote a shopping list, then forgot a couple of things on the list - sigh.

Breakfasts have been simple (actually maybe not so simple) but tasty favourites. Apple and Ricotta
Toast, Baked beans and avocado on toast and my all time favourite yesterday French toast with maple syrup and berries. Amazingly I purchased a bottle of maple syrup (not maple flavoured syrup) early last round and it's still going 3 month later. Shows I really can restrain myself with this.

Lunches have been a mixture of pockets and leftovers and salad. Tuna and homemade coleslaw on Monday, antipasto pocket Tuesday, leftovers Wednesday and Thursday and tuna and coleslaw (without the pocket) on Friday. I had to laugh, my work colleagues asked what dressing I was using and I said yoghurt. They turned their noses up - I had bought in a tub of strawberry yoghurt to have as an afternoon snack. They thought I had mixed this through the coleslaw -ewhh.

To digress for a minute, in the meditation lesion the teacher was telling us about the monks in monasteries and their daily routines. Breakfast is porridge and dinner is tea or soup. Lunch however is the feast of the day, but you can only have what you can fit into a single bowl. It also depends what is donated to the monastery that day. So they have vegetables from the garden they tend and whatever is donated into the same bowl. Hence if it's dhal and strawberry pavlova then that's what is in the single bowl. Not sure some of those taste sensations are going to take off!

Dinner this week has been great as usual. Lamb and cauliflower mash, dhal and I can't believe its not butter chicken (which is quite good and has rave reviews). Clearly I customise my menu quite a bit! Soup at a friends place on Thursday night and Friday night was a treat meal - take away roast pork from the butcher in town with carrots and pumpkin.

DHAL
 

Training has been reasonable considering the weather. Monday was body pump (but no run in the afternoon due to bad weather), Tuesday was on the computer trainer (for my bike) with a tempo ride through the Pyrenees foothills. 450cal later and a small run round the block to finish off (and get to 500 cal). Wednesday was another run and half the bend it like bridges video with a friend.

Thursday was a special ride in memory of Mark Rimell who passed away this week. Black armbands over my bright pink top and I smashed out 90 minutes on the road and a whopping 988 cal! no wonder I was a bit hungry at work!!

Friday was a rest day and Saturday I did 2 rounds of the SSS and a run with the plan to do the cycle race in the after noon. However race was cancelled due to 100km/h winds and a tricky causeway in the cross breeze! So I had a lazy day instead. Then planned a good ride with the group on Sunday. There were some fast riders at this one including the current under 17 men's state champion and some much faster riders. I was thinking I was going to bid them farewell but I hung in there and met up with them at the top of Frenchman bay hill. Then the fun started - 65km/h down the hill and holding 40km/h on the flat at the bottom and I was taking my turn. The boys we laughing at me cursing getting into the wrong part of the pack but I did really well. Lots of "what have you been on" questions and a couple of suggestions I have been getting into the EPO at work!

I know 24km/h average isn't fast but in the strong wind and up hills it was good for me.

Challenges for the new week

So this week it
1. Train daily (except Friday that is now my rest day but I do go tango dancing with Murray on a Friday night)
2. Get in the pool and swim
3. Eat clean and snack well
4. keep my coffee intake to 1 per day

Here  is lunch all organised for Monday and Tuesday -

So the Question is again.....

 
How's you week been?




1 comment:

  1. It sounds like you've been doing really well!! Look at all of that healthy eating! Also, congratulations on keeping up with the champion bike riders too! Amazing!

    Good luck with your weekly challenges, and have a great time at the pool!

    ReplyDelete