Wednesday 25 September 2013

Long run

Finally got back into my running so I thought I'd boast about tonight's mammoth effort!

I was suppose to run this morning but the weather was terrible - Severe weather warning with recommendations to stay indoors or seek shelter away from trees and power lines - I think that constitutes a good reason to not go for a run!

So this afternoon I dusted myself off and went for a long needed long run. Couldn't take Sasha my dog for the whole run - it was going to be too long - so she just tagged along for the first 6km then I dropped her home and headed out for the remaining 9km.

The 1000 + calories was pretty good too.

So tomorrow I will ride and run in the morning and swim in the afternoon - I am staring to feel like I might still be OK for the Half Ironman in November - only 6 weeks to go!

3 comments:

  1. Wow! That's one good long run. Excuse my ignorance but what is involved in an Ironman or Half Ironman challenge?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Half Ironman events are the baby endurance triathlons (also called 70.3 for the number of miles completed) 1.9km swim then 90km cycle and 21.1 km run. An Ironman is double everything (3.8km, 180km and 42.2). I have done 4 Ironmans and completed 6 Half ironman events.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow nice effort Meeghan!! Nice to get back on track after all the trips away etc.

    ReplyDelete