Sunday 16 February 2014

Things are slowly getting better

What a week that was..... phew

Stomach cramps Monday - which settles with a bit of medications. still got some hill repeats in for my run on Monday night.

Tuesday I dragged my tired but out of bed and did some efforts. Basically these are riding hard and stready (kinda like a tempo run) for Xkm. In this case X was 6km. I got 3 in then joined the boys on the regular ride. Its good for my mental health to ride with other people. Triathlon and especially long course triathlon involves lots of long km often by yourself. I also added a swim in at the beach. It was quite unpleasant.... like swimming in a washing machine with stingers.... yuk

Wednesday I got up for my usual stretch with an hour of body balance. It makes me do it and I guess its a case of getting stretching and core in anyway you can is important. Then I got home to discover I forgot to turn off my garmin yesterday so no garmin to do my 12 minute run with. I was already running late but I headed out anyway and tried to use a running app. I am definitely no used to this.... sigh. Perhaps someone can give me tips on how to set these up to do a 12 minute test. Anyway I think I was a little slower (2.4km)

Thursday morning I just couldn't get out of bed. I was suppose to be doing hill repeats but just couldn't face it this morning so I took the morning off. I know this is one session I can get away with missing. Then Thursday afternoon was swim squad for a hour. 800m using paddles! that was tough.

Friday is my rest day and so I went for my usual walk with the dog and a friend.

Saturday was the first championship race of the cycle season. Not sure if I am going to do much of the season this year but Time Trialling is a lot like what I do for triathlon. Its an individual thing you against the clock and your mind. I was well rested having had a double rest day for the legs and the wind conditions were spot on ... I managed a PB just over 1 hour 10 minutes for the 40km. Averaging about 34km/h for the 40km and I was fastest of the women (thanks to the 2 women who would have beaten my for having other things to do on the day :) )

Then it was off to Peaceful Bay A lovely little settlement about an hour west of Albany. We hold an annual Kids tri on the Saturday afternoon and an adult tri the next morning. The kids tri was fantastic - 60 kids mostly from the local areas ... maybe next year we should include an adult enticer tri afterwards.... for the parents / aunts and uncles to have a go and have the kids cheer them on :)

Sunday morning after a terrible nights sleep on a camping bed I went for a run. We kept it short as the track we went down soon turned to sand.... tough. Also snuck a little run leg for the adult tri in as well.

So keeping my exercise diary going I have managed 7 1/2 hours of training this week and travelled over 100km for the week. Need to build it up more next week. I am aiming for a big step up next week - 13 hours of planned exercise.



Food has not been so great but plenty of time to work on that.....
Kids Triathlon - the under 7s "swimming"

No comments:

Post a Comment