Monday 24 February 2014

Its going to be a big week

So it's Monday .... and I have already had one melt down. I am sure there will be more this week.

I am president of the local triathlon club.... and the main organiser of the local state calendar classic event. This is a 1.5km swim, 40km cycle and 10km run. There is so much to do and so I have taken the week of work.
There are so many things to be stressed about
- organising volunteers (finding volunteers!)
- Sorting traffic management plans
- writing race briefings
- Setting up the event profile on the timing equipment (new equipment worth $$$)
- organizing the PA system
- getting fruit for the finish line
- getting drinks for the finish line
- moving around a variable message sign to maximize the visibility
- making sure the volunteers I do have know what they are doing
- touting for business.....

I just need to remind myself that regardless of how well the event goes I can only do so much.....

So today after calling into work for a meeting I couldn't get away from I sat on my couch and cried .... all caused by my partner being a little unkind to me... he only asked me a simple question and it isn't his fault .. he has been really lovely but I am just so fragile at the moment....

So at least with the week off work - I have no excuse not to exercise (although it is a recovery week on my program)

So this morning I got up at 5:30am and met a friend down the track where we did 6x400m. All in a great time under 1:40 per 400m. Now I just need to keep the diet under control too......

Hope it all goes well and I am looking forward to sleeping next week sometime!

No comments:

Post a Comment