Monday 10 February 2014

Stomach cramps !!!

So I got very organised for the weekend - Took snacks to eat on the trip and water to drink
Took my running gear and charged to Garmin up ready to map the run....

Then Friday night I started getting stomach cramps - almost like something working it's way through - maybe it was too much fibre in the snack balls?? But the worst thing is the cramps continued all weekend and never developed into anything more. As a result I didn't manage to run at all.

On the positive side
1. I kept my diet in check
2. I didn't over eat in the road. Stuck to drinking water
3. I did lots of incidental exercise - helped my mum clean up taking 2 loads of cardboard to the tip and a load of asbestos. Lots of walking up and down hills plus heavy lifting.
4. I got out and got a run in tonight.
5. My training diary arrived on Friday. I entered my exercise for last week and was surprised to discover I got over 5 hours of the 8 hours planned done (despite not training Friday to Sunday)

so tomorrow it is on wards and up wards with a swim and a ride planned.

1 comment:

  1. Better laid plans and all, but you can be proud, that the bump in the road, didn't mean the end of everything. Goodness, you did good girl. Well done. Hope you tamed those tummy pains.

    Carol
    www.finding-carol.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete