Saturday 18 January 2014

Health Weight - My opinion!

So this will probably be my first really controversial blog. It worries me the number of people who seem to be aiming for a low body weight. I wonder what the height of some of these people are??

I am never going to be a small person but I know that fit and fat is definitely better that skinny and unfit. Body image is such a big concern these days. People seem to want to look really skinny. I laugh at people who are clearly not overweight who still comment on wanting to lose a few kg.

I laugh when my friends call me skinny - I know I have lost quite a bit of weight from my heaviest (92kg) but interestingly I am still not under the 25 BMI regularly - however I think I know look really healthy.
Christmas morning swim - yes it was cold.
So this is me only 1kg off a BMI of 25 but I am a ball of muscle. So hence I think I look healthy. Interestingly I would still be in  a healthy body weight range at 55kg a whole 18kg less than I am in this picture! I have to say I think I would look sick at that weight! I would have no curves!
 
 
So it worries me a little when I see people who want to be a very light weight - I just hope that they are short and are actually aiming for a healthy weight range not some light weight range just because they think they should be. At this weight I am now a comfortable size 12 which I think is a great size for me and it looks like it is the best looking size too.....
 

 

It makes me positively average!
 
I know for the Lean and Strong crew this is a really important thing. Weight is less of a problem and often people on this program GAIN weight but LOSE cm.
 
So I hope people are setting SMART goals this round and are realistic about the weight they should be rather than a difficult unhealthy weight that they want to be...
 



No comments:

Post a Comment