Wednesday 29 January 2014

Fitness test and scores

It's that time of the round again - Last fitness test of 2013 and first fitness test of 2014.

This last round has not been kind - the now to get fast hasn't gone so well for lots of reasons including injury. So it's time for a new start.

Run

For then 1km time trial I have started using a new course so it is hard to compare but I am now down to 4:10. Happy with this but a "perfect" score is 4 flat - I would be stoked if I could get to that.

My 12 minute run test (something we get to do on the 1/2 marathon program and perhaps other run programs too) I got slower over the round but have finished off with a solid 2.47km.

Ab Strength and push ups

During the last round I did a 30 day plank challenge. As a result mid round I managed a 5 minute plank - yep that is a whole 5 minutes on the toes! Not up to that quite at the moment and especially after the run - but pretty happy with my 2:29 effort today. There is definitely room to improve here.

For the fitness test at the start of the round I did the push ups on my knees. Still not my strong point but I managed to get 48 out in the minute. Happy with this but I think I might also record a toes record for the start of the round.

Wall sit

this has been my nemesis. I struggle with this one - who would have thought sitting could be so hard. I have definitely improved in this area - I can now wall sit for 2:49 but still plenty of room for improvement.

Flexibility

How to cheat on a flexibility test? Do it after body balance. This is what I did today but I will continue to do this each time. Also in my case it is the easiest way to get an accurate reading as they gym has a sit and reach box. Much easier than doing this myself - especially as I can't even find a ruler in the house :) So my score was a fantastic 22cm! Almost a foot (OK about 2/3 of a foot)

Other tests

So I am also going to record my body fat % for this round and on the weekend I am going to so a power test on my computer training. This is going to be a tough 20 minute ride at a 2% gradient. From this the computer will enable me to track any improvements in my power on the bike.

Overall score:

So this all adds up to a great score of 81/100 for me. Really happy with this and not surprising it puts me at the advanced program level. I would expect nothing less.

Tomorrow is measure up - already taken the readings today for the check in - but I am going to do them again tomorrow.

Let the fun begin.

No comments:

Post a Comment