Sunday 21 July 2013

SMART Goals

So it is goal setting time

This time I am going to shout it out loud - on a blog - at least some of the world to see (actually there is probably no one looking at the blog)

One Month Goal

S - Run the city to surf
M - Complete the whole run (time not important as I will be running with my partner)
A - I know I can do this (in fact it will be a little soft)
R - Yep it's realistic
T - This is a set date.

This should be an easy goal.

One month from program start

S - Complete the 1km time in 4:20
M - timing is easy
A - Not sure about this being achievable but it is only just short of my best time (4:26)
R - I think another 6 seconds is realistic - but I had better not set these goals too much.
T - Fitness test week is fixed so there is a time constraint.

Three month goal

S- Ironman Mandurah in a PB (preferably sub 5:30) - allowances would be made for conditions
M - timed event so this is easy
A - I definitely still have improvement and besides I am now 8kg lighter than before....
R - Again I think the greatest limit in my life is me - not anything or anyone else. I am not good at pushing myself so I have greater capacity than I use.
T - Again this is a fixed time - so this is set in stone.

Six month goal

Albany Half ironman - and actually finish this time

12 month goal

Enter another ironman ??
and potentially 70.3 in Cairns - lots of fun travelling :) 

So how am I going to get there

I am just going to try - stick to my programs - get out of bed and put in some efforts!

Will keep you all posted.

 

1 comment: