Tuesday 23 July 2013

Gear up - I had better not!

Gear up time

So it's gear up time - I can tick this off straight away.

I already have

1. enough workout clothes (in good condition) to exercise for a week without washing. Although some are getting a little loose! Might need to reassess that. and shoes - time to update - Like to do this every 6 months or so.

2. Heart rate monitor (simple Polar), and bike computer and GPS monitor (garmin 310XT as it is the only one that last for 20 hours) which also has a heart rate monitor.

3. Well set up home Gym

 
Weights range from 1kg to 8kg in dumbbells plus some which take plates that go to 15kg. Barbell of various weights from a light pump style one to a "normal" 10kg one. plus plates from 1.25kg to 25kg. - enough to squat more than 130kg if I was crazy enough to try. Squat rack is useful as a bench option and means I can do heavier leg weights. Also provides a bar for pull ups. I am slowly mastering the chin-ups but dips still scare me.

5. Gym membership - Tick - already got this.
6. Spots to train - going to be following a half ironman program lots of the time and I am actually looking forward to a crisp cool morning with sun rising over the bay - truly breathtaking


1 comment:

  1. What a fab setup! I'm green with envy over the home gym equipment!

    ReplyDelete