Thursday 7 November 2013

Fitness tests weight gain and other first world problems

So the round is about to start and I have a busy weekend ahead.

So the good things this week


1. Ran a 4:14 km in the fitness test.
Really happy with that

2. Ran 2.65km in the 12 minutes time trial.
happy with that

3. 40 push ups on my toes in 60 seconds.

 

The no so good.


Haven't been on top of my diet - so have gained a kg

I have gone backwards with the plank - 90 seconds only - and the wall sit - 90 seconds as well.

 

And the first world problems


My arms are sore from doing the push ups as I haven't done that for a while.



So now it is time to pack up my gear and get ready for a busy weekend of training (my mind) and punishing my body. Mandurah 70.3 is here

1.9km swim
90km cycle and
21.1km run

In 34 degree heat with a 25km head wind for at least half the cycle..... OH well we all compete in the same conditions.

Key will be nutrition and relaxing and enjoying the ride.........

1 comment:

  1. Good luck for mandurah Meeghan!! Great 1km time trial, and don't sweat the 1kg, it'll go soon enough - probably over the half ironman!! Let us know how you go.

    ReplyDelete