Saturday 7 December 2013

Still hanging in there

It has been a busy month.... not enough time to blog.... not enough time to exercise (and not in the mental space to get myself moving)... but at least I have mostly controlled my diet.

So time for a check in....

1. I have finally got to 72kg which is a 25 BMI for me. This is the first time I have managed this is about 20 years. Just goes to show it's all about the food. I love the 12WBT food it is healthy and tasty and I usually feel full.

2. I have been running. Probably not enough but some. I have an 18km run next weekend and I am hoping my base will get me across the  line. As long as I look after myself I should be fine! I am in a team for an adventurethon but fortunately my fellow team members selected me for my ability to complete rather than raw speed.

3. I seem to have forgotten what my bike is for. I have barely been on my bike for about 4 weeks since the half in Mandurah. I am doing another half in only 4 weeks and have limited options for training. Oh well I didn't train much on the bike for Mandurah either and was OK.

4. I have been super busy with the local triathlon club. I am currently president and this has meant lots of organising. We have a big state calendar event next year which I need to get cracking an organising. Have done some of the local bits but now have some big bits to do as a result I am not sleeping well. I really just need to get over it and get it done.

Sigh.....


At least I have had some wins.

I have also been doing a 30 day plank challenge with some friends and managed an amazing 5 minute CONTINOUOUS plank on the last day. that's about 3 minutes longer than I normally manage.

So it just goes to show even when your life takes a turn it is possible not to destroy all your goals.

Lots of people have told me to be a bit kind on myself..... I think that includes looking after myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment