Sunday 23 March 2014

Check in time.

I haven't blogged for a while - despite saying I would keep it up this round.

As is often the case I have been having motivation problems after such a busy lead up to the start of March. Training hasn't really been on track and I am feeling tired at this stage

Here is a summary of my last 3 weeks training.

Week beginning 3/3/14 - General Prep week on program.

1 hour swim, 2 hours cycling, 72 minutes of running and a 60 minute gym class
I was also away in Perth for the weekend and despite planning a run I didn't quite do the distance as planned (at this point I haven't even got a 10km run in)

Week beginning 10/3/14 - General Prep week
no swimming (various excuses used), 2:50 hours of riding (including a race), 3:20 of running including my first long run, 90 minutes of gym work and a 72 minute triathlon event for a total weekly amount of over 8 hours of training. at least I got a long run in this week.

Week beginning 17/3/14 - adaptation (recovery week)  

1 hour swim (quality session), 3:40 cycling (111 km including a long rolling hills ride), 3:30 hours of running including speed work, tempo, recovery and long steady distance and my usual 60 minute gym class. Almost got to 10 hours for the week which is OK for a recovery week although I am not sure what I am recovering from

So the next 2 weeks are crunch time for me. They are called Special Prep and they should be long and hard. It is the final set up for the taper down to the event. Think 3 hour bike rides and 2 hour runs and lots of fast sessions. Planned hours for this week is about 14 hours although I already know this is going to be a problem as I have a quick trip to Perth planned, but I have adjusted the session to minimize the impact.

Roll on the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment